Baked Buttermilk Chicken Fingers
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders
- 1 cup grated parmesan (freshly grated preferred)
- ¾ cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 500 F
- Place buttermilk in a large bowl. Add chicken tenders to the bowl and stir to coat. Let sit for 15-30 minutes.
- While chicken is soaking, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the baking sheet in the oven while it is heating.
- In a pie dish, mix together the parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs.
- When the chicken is finished soaking and the baking sheet is hot, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- One by one, remove the chicken tenders from the buttermilk (let any excess drip off) and dredge chicken in the breadcrumb mixture. Place each chicken tender on the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly.
- When all of the chicken tenders are on the baking sheet, spray the chicken tenders with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 3-5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
- Serve with ketchup, barbecue sauce, honey mustard or vinaigrette.