This is a recipe that I changed slightly from Weight Watchers. It is a delicious dish that definitely qualifies as a “Super Supper” any night of the week for or can be used as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvre when entertaining friends or family. Kids love eating these lettuce cups just as much as adults do.
Serves: 4 (3 filled lettuce cups per serving)
- 1 spray non-stick cooking spray
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked 93% or more lean ground beef
- Low Sodium Beef Broth (optional)
- 1 ½ cups uncooked yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Ginger
- 1 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Garlic
- 3 cups bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1-2 medium red peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 cups button mushrooms thinly slices (about 15 mushrooms)
- 3 tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari
- Leaves of Bibb Lettuce
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or dutch oven with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef, onion, ginger and garlic and cook unil beef is browned and onions are soft, breaking up meat as it cooks. This will take about 7-10 minutes. If the pan and mixture appear dry you can add a little bit of beef broth to moisten.
- Add bok choy, pepper, mushrooms and soy sauce or tamari; cook stiring occasionally, until bok choy is wilted and pepper is tender-crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Spoon about ½ cup of beef mixture into each lettuce leaf