I love Thanksgiving. I don’t know many people who don’t. But I
don’t always never have the time to make a meal that resembles what I crave and what the 4th Thursday of November allows me to prepare for. Well, that was until I developed “Thanksgiving In A Crock”.
This recipe is super easy and your house will smell like Thanksgiving in no time. What’s even better? It is definitely a “Cooking In Heels” recipe because not only is it healthy but it is done all in the crock pot and requires only four staple ingredients that can all be stored in your pantry and refrigerator or freezer.
To make this a satisfying and balanced meal a MEAL TRIFECTA all you need to do is bake a sweet potato in the oven for your carbohydrate/starch side and throw in some asparagus with it to roast as your veggie. I promise, you and your family will love it and it will taste like you were in the kitchen all day!
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 15 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix (such as Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Recipe Soup and Dip Mix)
- 3 pound turkey breast, skinless and boneless
- Combine marmalade, cranberries, and onion soup mix in a bowl.
- Place the turkey breast in the slow cooker and pour half of the cranberry-orange-onion soup mixture over the turkey.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours* or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the turkey breast reads 160°.
- Add remaining half of the orange-cranberry-onion mixture for the last half hour of cooking.
- Remove turkey from the slow cooker and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the turkey with the orange-cranberry-onion mixture drizzled on top.